CICCA [Christian Initiation of Children of Catechetical Age.] Otherwise known as the Sacramental Program. The Sacraments of Initiation are Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist.
Sacramental preparation never stops. Parents you have been preparing your children from a very early age. You prepare them for life. To teach them how to be loving within your family to begin with, sharing and learning to say sorry.
The Church takes this responsibility very seriously and therefore works to assist you in this important area of formation to their life ahead. You make sure they are fed, sheltered, healthy, and behave in a loving caring way.
Spirituality is also one of the basic needs of human life. As a parent you also have the responsibility to form your child’s spirituality so that they may grow in faithful and caring as an adult. Perhaps, you may take this for granted, but if you reflect back, you parents have done this for you throughout your younger years, though you may not have noticed or even rebelled against it as teenagers. Now it’s your turn.
We are here to support you in this task of forming spirit-filled human beings for the future.
1. You may register your child at any time from June onwards, each year, for the following year.
2. Each child receives a Mass Card to be signed by the priest when you are able to take your child to any of our 4 Masses. [4.30 pm Sat & 9.00 am Sunday at Anthony’s and 6.00 pm Sat & 7.00 am Sun at ST Luke’s]. We recommend, to begin with, you attend every couple of weeks to fit in with your family activities. A child’s comfort and participation in Mass regularly will help us discern his/her readiness to receive the Sacraments in the following year.
3. In October each year, we will have information sessions for you, the parents. It is essential for you to attend one of these sessions in order for you to have enough information to plan ahead for the next year.
4. At the beginning of each year, we discern with you and your child his/her readiness to be enrolled in the Formation program for Baptism, Confirmation or First Communion.
5. Once Enrolled your child must then attend the relative sessions/workshops as planned for your child to celebrate the Sacraments in the first half of the year.
If you have any questions please contact Trish, Pastoral Associate.
Ph: 3820 0100 Tues, Wed and Thursday 9:00am – 2:00pm
- $50 per Sacrament
- Payment needs to be made via electronic transfer prior to sessions beginning (contact parish office: 3820 0100)